- Interested parties can order it directly from Lawrence and Gibson’s website. (I’ll let you know when it becomes available through other venues.)
For those of you in the US, there are three different options when purchasing it:
- You can buy the book for $38 NZD (that’s the total cost; ~$31 USD) and have it shipped right away;
- You can buy the book for $33 NZD (again, total; ~$27 USD) and wait to have it shipped anywhere in the US after 4 July;
- Chicago-only: You can buy the book for$28 NZD (again, total; ~$23 USD) and receive it from me personally sometime after 4 July. I will also kiss you, if you’d like!
Be aware that “sometime after 4 July” means “something like 2–4 weeks after that,” since in those cases my publisher will be shipping the books in bulk to me. Note also that options 2 and 3 are guaranteed only through 4 July, although option 1 will still be available after that. If that doesn’t make any sense, you might find the L&G site more coherent. Or, just email me and I will attempt to clarify (I like to think I understand it…).
[Update: The time for this deal has passed! But there may be later deals...]
Of Giant Slugs, others have said:
Told in a style unlike any other—a dazzling prose-poetry-comedy like some jackdaw Professor of Everything colliding fragments of ancient myth, world culture and modern ephemera into a multi-coloured verbal collage—Giant Slugs is startlingly, refreshingly original and more than a mere novelty.
“I admire A D Jameson to the point of being disturbed by him.”
A few excerpts have meanwhile appeared in journals:
- Action, Yes: “The Walls of Uruk” (from Chapter 1, “The Walls of Uruk”);
- elimae: “Death Summit” (from Chapter 10, “Black Hunger”);
- The Collagist: “Dar Williams” (from Chapter 11, “A Drink at the Twilight Ale House”).
My sincerest thanks to everyone who checks it out!